Christopher Fossto is a guitarist, conductor and composer/producer from Sweden. He graduated 2011 from Lund University and the Academy of Music in Malmö and has since then spent time touring and recording with a wide diversity of ensembles and bands – both in Sweden and in Europe. Right now you can hear him performing as a solo artist, in the guitar/saxophone Duo Fossto/Szillágy (Swe/Hu) and as a part of the live acts of both Åsa Leijon and Sabina Chantoura. Christopher is also the head conductor of Staffanstorps Musikkår – a well established Wind Orchestra in the southern parts of Sweden.
The last three years, he has been a guest teacher at the Swedish Guitar and Lute Festival, conducting the festival orchestra and coaching ensembles. Between 2013 – 2018 he also conducted the festival orchestra, as well as coaching ensembles, at Oskarshamn International Guitar Festival.
Christopher is also a well renowned teacher in Sweden, currently working at Staffanstorps Musikskola and in his own business with private students.
Lists of ensembles
- Duo Fossto/Szillágy – Current, as a guitarist
- Åsa Leijon – Current, as a guitarist
- Sabina Chantouria – Current, as a guitarist
- Staffanstorps Musikkår – Current, as a conductor
- SGLS festival orchestra – Current, as a conductor
- Duo Preferido (Git/Fl)
- Savor de Ladino
- Emma Carolina
- Anna Hertzman
As a conductor
- Oskarshamn International Guitar Festival Orchestra (2013-2018)
- Malmö Underhållningsorkester (2016)
- Malmö Symfonietta (2016)
- Lund Akademiska Orkester
- Capella Lundensis
- Malmö Akademiska Orkester
- Le Kör (Choir from Lund)