Christopher Fossto is a guitarist, conductor and composer/producer from Sweden. He graduated 2011 from Lund University and the Academy of Music in Malmö and has since then spent time touring and recording with a wide diversity of ensembles and bands – both in Sweden and in Europe.
Right now you can hear him performing as a solo artist, in the guitar/saxophone Duo Fossto/Szillágy (Swe/Hu) and as a part of the live acts of both Åsa Leijon and Sabina Chantoura.
Christopher is the head conductor of Staffanstorps Musikkår – a well established Wind Orchestra in the southern parts of Sweden. He is also the creative director and conductor of the well established Lomma Musiksällskap, a symphony orchestra in southern Sweden.
The last five years, he has been a guest teacher at the Swedish Guitar and Lute Festival, conducting the festival orchestra and coaching ensembles. Between 2013 – 2018 he also conducted the festival orchestra – as well as coaching chamber ensembles – at Oskarshamn International Guitar Festival.
Christopher is also a well renowned teacher in Sweden, currently working with both private students and as a part time employee at Staffanstorp Musikskola.
Lists of ensembles
- Staffanstorps Musikkår – as a conductor
- Lomma Musiksällskap – as a conductor
- SGLS festival orchestra – as a conductor
- Duo Fossto/Szillágy – as a guitarist
- Åsa Leijon – as a guitarist
- Sabina Chantouria – as a guitarist
- Stina Sahlén – as a guitarist
- Duo Preferido (Git/Fl)
- Savor de Ladino
- Emma Carolina
- Anna Hertzman
Past ensembles as a conductor
- Oskarshamn International Guitar Festival Orchestra (2013-2018)
- Malmö Underhållningsorkester (2016)
- Malmö Symfonietta (2016)
- Lund Akademiska Orkester
- Capella Lundensis
- Malmö Akademiska Orkester
- Le Kör (Choir from Lund)