Christopher Fossto is a guitarist, conductor and composer/producer from Sweden. He graduated 2011 from Lund University and the Academy of Music in Malmö. He has since then spent time touring and recording with a wide diversity of ensembles and bands – both in Sweden and in Europe.
Right now you can hear him performing as a solo artist, in the guitar/saxophone Duo Fossto/Szillágy (Swe/Hu) and as a part of the live acts of both Åsa Leijon and Sabina Chantoura.
As of March 2019, Christopher acts as president of the southern district of Swedish Association of Orchestras (Sveriges Orkesterförbund).
Christopher is the head conductor of Staffanstorps Musikkår – a well established Wind Orchestra in the southern parts of Sweden. He is also the creative director and conductor of the well established Lomma Musiksällskap, a symphony orchestra in southern Sweden.
Christopher is currently a recurring guest teacher at the Swedish Guitar and Lute Festival, conducting the festival orchestra and coaching ensembles. Between 2013 – 2018 he also conducted the festival orchestra at Oskarshamn International Guitar Festival.
Christopher is also a well renowned teacher in Sweden, currently working with both private students and as a part time employee at Staffanstorp Musikskola.
Lists of ensembles
- Staffanstorps Musikkår – as a conductor
- Lomma Musiksällskap – as a conductor
- SGLS festival orchestra – as a conductor
- Duo Fossto/Szillágy – as a guitarist
- Åsa Leijon – as a guitarist
- Sabina Chantouria – as a guitarist
- Stina Sahlén – as a guitarist
- Duo Preferido (Git/Fl)
- Savor de Ladino
- Emma Carolina
- Anna Hertzman
Past ensembles as a conductor
- Oskarshamn International Guitar Festival Orchestra (2013-2018)
- Malmö Underhållningsorkester (2016)
- Malmö Symfonietta (2016)
- Lund Akademiska Orkester
- Capella Lundensis
- Malmö Akademiska Orkester
- Le Kör (Choir from Lund)